Sunday, February 7, 2010

Superbowl Sunday!

Woah! Time flies, I didn't realized I haven't posted in a bit! Sorry guys.....

Over the last two weeks of being home, I was enjoying all things Colorado: snow, my friends, my dog, my bday, my favorite places to eat:) Also on the list of things to do were doctor visits before season started. I wanted to hit all the major ones before I would be gone for most of the summer. I will be back and forth but you know how doctor appointments are:)

I also celebrated my birthday on the 2nd with some good food and great company! I was in Durango for most of the day, playing, it was VERY nice!

Also, these last couple of weeks I've been cooking a LOT!

Baking whole wheat, low fat muffins in all kinds of ways trying to get a good combo....the verdict is still out on that one:) But they were good! I did some w/ dried fruit(not really my thing but I tried it), some w/ just nuts(I put in too many nuts) and I also tried a whole wheat low fat bar, for snacking, they were good! Really dense but had great flavor, I'm sure I will tweak that recipe too:)

I also bought myself a hand held mixer, seeing that my bad boy Kitchen aid is back home and too heavy to ship:) and I bought a big food processor! Yahoo!

So I made a couple of soups that were yum a tum.....creamy corn and vegetable soup , that was great! And without the heavy whipping cream, which makes things so much better in life but we cyclists have figured to maintain;) And I also made a roasted tomato soup. I was trying to think about what Bon Ami's(Jackson, MS) tomato tomato soup tastes like, if you have ever had it you KNOW what I'm talking about, it is AMAZING! Hmmm, wonder if they will share their recipe???? Probably not!

Along with one of the soups was an awesome arugula salad with a shallot vinaigrette. Again, amazing!

Here are a couple of the recipes for you guys if you are bored with the same ol same ol....

Tomato Soup I left out the optional stuff:) I should've used the basil...and I only used 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter.
Vinaigrette: 1 shallot diced, 2 tablespoons dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon honey, 1/3cup red wine vinegar, 2/3 cup oil, pinch of salt.


As for the rest of the month of February, I'm training, training, training!!!

Training camp for Team VBF(Vera Bradley Foundation) is the first part of March, then racing starts after that:) Follow the team on twitter and facebook!!!!

In my final words....GO SAINTS!!!!!


1 comment:

  1. Hey! Sounds like a fun time in the kitchen! Sometimes there's nothing better.

    We had talked about raw food recipes before you headed north. When you get one down just right, be sure to post!

    And just today I had a 'boomi bar' that was soooo good. I'll bet you could mix up something similar in your brand new processor!!!

    Train, baby, train!

    ReplyDelete