Thursday, July 30, 2009

Nationals

Well sometimes you have good days and sometimes you have bad days but what a time to have a bad day...Nationals:(

I just never quite felt good and I'm sure it is from a long week of Cascade. Our race started at 8:15a.m. which was a great thing b/c : 1. I have a black kit, which is hot as all get out in the summer 2: Today is supposed to be the hottest day of the year in Bend, ouch! One thing that was really cool though was that at the start, my teammate Debbie got a call up! Which pretty much means, the field is about 20ft from the start, they call up the individuals that have done really well in the past and I'm sure since Debbie is the current Master's National Champion, that means she is doing really well:) So they let those individuals come up one by one so the spectators can see em and then they let the field come up behind em.....you go Debbie!!!!
It was so good to see her and meet her parents and her friends.....

Anyway, after the second lap and after chasing on twice, I was done, so I just rode back to the feed zone and called it a day......bummer....but if I didn't do it, then how would I know where I stand in the big scheme of things right?!

So tomorrow is the time trial, my start time is at 12:55 and then after that is done, it will be time to float the river. I'm hoping to do decent in the TT but again, it will just be decided on that day.......

Sorry I couldn't represent MS any better, next year maybe.....

No comments:

Post a Comment