Thursday, April 22, 2010

My bike shop

Photo by Brian Hodes, Veloimages.com
Kokopelli's cool women's jersey
One of the guys working on my spoke tension
Just some of the bikes....
Clothing and mechanic's area...this place is huge...
Photo by Brian Hodes, Veloimages.com
Home again, home again, jiggity jig:)! After a cancelled flight on Sunday night and being one of the lucky few to catch the next flight home, I made it to my bed by midnight! Yahooooo! Miller was one happy dog!

So the circuit race on Saturday was a lot better for the team and my teammate Alison Powers won! She is one amazing chick, she wins the circuit race, then changes clothes and jumps in the short track mountain bike race with some of the best in the world. She was pretty tired and didn't make it to the finish but I know she had a good time. I had a good time as well, I love racing and I loved the expo. There was so much to see and so many people to talk to!

Sunday was a ride and travel day for me.

This week, I've officially claimed Kokopelli Bike Shop as my home town bike shop. I haven't really had the need to go since Michael always helps me with my bikes but we figured it would be good to become familiar with one of the local shops for convenience and as my dad would say, it's always good to 'press the flesh'....aka meet and greet:) So I've been going back to this shop and talking to them about events, help and just general stuff and even raced with a couple of the mechanics during cyclocross. The guys are great and the owner, Jimbo, is from Alabama!!! Small world....he knows Vicksburg and some of the hangouts in Jackson, seeing that he was in a band. He is a pretty smart guy and has one heck of a work ethic! And his shop is HUGE!

Last night is snowed about 5inches, so today is a trainer ride day.....booooooo

I have these awesome tan lines from California, only to be covered up with arm warmers and leg warmers:(

Headed to Joe Martin in Arkansas in a couple of weeks, then down home for a couple of weeks. I look forward to hanging out with you guys!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the props on the shop! I should never agree to have my picture taken, it's never good. I wish I got to wrench as much as I used to but it seems like I'm always dealing with logistical stuff, Paul is the one that spruced up your wheel. FYI Jimbo is the original owner from 1994 and started the shop, then there is Pete an owner for about 8 years now, and me (Scott) one of Kokopelli's first employees and now the newest partner in the shop. The rest of the crew is Paul (mechanic), Brian (mechanic), Eli (sales, mechanic), and Jake (sales, mechanic). Kokopelli's new website should be up in the next few weeks and if you don't mind we would love to put a link to your blog. If you need anything don't hesitate to give the crew a call.

    Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info Scott!!! I wasn't so sure on those things so I apologize for anything incorrectly written. You are more than welcome to link my blog. I'm sure I will be back soon:) Always needin something:)

    ReplyDelete