Friday, August 20, 2010

Hey!

This was art at our host house...pretty cool!
We didn't win the race but we won the post race fun!
Teammates, Carrie Cash and Toni Bradshaw...chillin
While at home, Michael and I thought it would be a good idea to climb Coal Bank Pass...twice...~10,500ft.....
So it's been a while, my bad:) Since my last post, I've been home mostly and then raced a criterium in Glencoe, IL. The race was pretty stellar....I was in some breaks and with the help of AP, I created the last break that stuck which included, Theresa Cliff-Ryan, Meredith Miller, LVG, my teammate Carrie Cash and myself. It was fun:)!!! And we made some good $$$ and had some post race fun that included shots of tequila and margaritas at a yummy mexican restaurant. Also, I had the chance to meet Rahsaan Bahati and his teammate Matt Rice, they were really nice guys, you never know what to expect from the men to be honest but you hope they are nice and they were....just sayin...

I can thank Robin for the $40 worth of shots, it was kind of funny. We were also celebrating Carrie Cash's b-day but she doesn't want to talk about how old she is getting:) hahah! I love my teammates:)

I think I was sweating the entire time I was there, it was WARM but all in all....good times!

Now I'm back home, trying to figure out what other races I'm going to finish the season off with. Right now, I'm racing the Gateway Cup in St. Louis in 2 weeks, it is 4 days of criteriums and some good fun. Then maybe up to Boston at the end of September and I'm hoping to get a track bike within all this time and give it a go in CA. We will see......I'm also looking at nordic ski stuff for winter, man I thought cycling was expensive and confusing:) But why not huh?!

Other than that, I've just been riding my bike, enjoying the afternoon showers, taking Miller for short walks, shooting my bow for fun and wondering if next year is going to be as much fun.....

I'm also thinking about all those folks getting ready for school to start, I still have vivid memories of long hours in child nutrition office, entering free/reduced applications and taking phone calls from teachers, parents and trying to hold it all together!! Good luck y'all!!! Hang in there!

1 comment:

  1. Good to hear from you! I'll send an email on the 'first of school' or 'what it's been like when stuff doesn't work'...

    love ya, mich

    ReplyDelete